Welcome to Kid City
where kids are given the opportunity to:
– belong (to a welcoming community)
– believe (in God), and
– become (who God has created them to be).
We believe that kids are not too young to hear, experience and understand how much God loves them and discover how to build a relationship with Him. As kids discover how big God’s love is for them, their response will naturally be to share that love & shine that light for those around them to see.
Matthew 5:14 (NLT) says: “You are the light of the world – like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.” We desire to see every child grow up in a safe, inviting & engaging faith community that will prepare them for their years ahead.
Our Vision is to develop a community of kids who Know, Grow & Go.
· Through teaching the scriptures and setting a Christ Like example, kids will discover who God is & know that He loves them and has a plan for them.
· A disciple of Jesus is one who is learning & following Jesus. As kids come and learn about Jesus, they will grow in their faith and knowledge of Him.
· As kids grow in their faith & love for Jesus, they will, in turn, share that love with others. They will go and tell others who Jesus is by the way they act, speak & respond.
Our programs are just an opportunity & method to fulfill the vision. It is through relationships with our fully screened & trained volunteers, together with intentional, age appropriate teaching that we can connect the truth of Gods word with the hearts of each child.
Check out what we are providing for your children on Sundays, midweek and during the summer months.
Let us know if you want to help support the vision and impact a life by volunteering in Kid City!
Learning, growing and connecting is what the Kids Zone is all about! Fun, creative and interactive hands-on Bible learning for kids of all ages. All our programs are staffed by fully screened capable volunteers.Volunteer in Children's Ministry
Sunday Morning for Kids at WECA
There’s something for every age!
Every Sunday, during all the service times, children ages 0-12 have a place to learn & grow. The classes are staffed with screened volunteers who see the value in building relationship & investing in the children. Parents are encouraged to consider getting involved by being a parent helper in their child’s class.
The age breakdowns for the classrooms are:
· 0-24 months – Nursery
· Age 2 – Upstairs in Kid City
· Age 3-5 – Preschool Wing of Kid City
· Grade 1-4 – Elementary Wing of Kid City
· Grade 5 & 6 (join with Grade 7 & 8 in the front room, next to the Global Café)
Age-appropriate teaching is included in each grouping. Kids will enjoy worshipping together and learning together in large & small group settings. Hands-on activities and relevant discussions will help kids see how the Bible applies to their lives.
Summer ProgramsWeek #1 Week #2
West Edmonton Christian Assembly provides a modern day nursery with a safe and inviting environment.
For children up to 24 months, the nursery is equipped with everything necessary to care for the needs of infants and toddlers, with attention given to cleanliness, loving care, and safety. The nursery is available during the Sunday morning service times. The nursery is located on the main floor of the church.
If you love kids and want to get involved contact email@example.com
Find out more about our range of midweek kids programs.
WECA Kids Soccer
The WECA Soccer program is for children age 4* through age 12* and runs for 8 weeks during the months of May and June at Summerlea Field (175 Street and 93 Avenue, directly north of West Edmonton Mall). For more information, please see the kids soccer page.Kids Soccer